Personal counselling can be useful both in times of crisis, and as a part of ongoing support through family transitions, personal challenges and as part of our personal growth. It can be helpful when making major life decisions and planning for the future. This may include everything from career planning, making decisions about marriage, when to have children or difficult decisions about relationship breakdown and separation.
Some of the reasons people give when coming for individual counselling:
- Having trouble coping with life.
- Recovering from loss of a loved one.
- Family in conflict.
- Feeling very emotional all of the time.
- Haunted by memories from the past.
- Worried about family, relationship or children.
- Feeling very flat, depressed no energy.
- Feeling lonely, having trouble making friends.
- Difficulty in the workplace.